ECU TUNING DISCLAIMER
Diagnostic Connections Limited T/A DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent shall provide vehicle tuning services requested by the client from the following options, all of which are bound by our customer care and commitment to service quality.
The tuning files that we install will never change. So when we complete our tuning service on your vehicle it will continue to perform at the same capacity it did on arrival or show improvements from our tuning files. Once tuned, we are confident that tuning services provided which are based on the optimal settings that are most suitable for you vehicle and should produce noticeable benefits. Following our work, if an issue arises with your vehicle it will most likely be due to a mechanical fault, not a fault with the tuning file itself. Once the mechanical fault is fixed your vehicle should revert to its optimum performance.
All vehicles presented to DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent will be deemed fit upon presentation and it is not the responsibility of DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent to prove this. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the vehicle is up to date in respect of servicing and all mechanical and non-mechanical parts as per the manufacturer schedules. Any unforeseen damage that may occur during or after the tuning process is not covered or guarantedd by DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent. DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent will advice the customer of any faults that become apparent during or after the tuning process. We will not accept any liability from the date that the tuning process was carried out. If oyu have carried out and modifications to you vehicle and your vehicle subsequently develops a fault, we will not accept liability for any of those parts before, during or after any tuning process.
A vehicle diagnostic health check showing any fault codes will be carried out before and tuning work is undertaken, and we reserve the right to refuse any vehicle that we believe to not be “healthy” enough. No warranty is given or implied to any components on your vehicle before or after the tuning process apart from the tuning file itself. Refunds are not accepted. DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent do not accept liability for any mechanical part failure after performance tuning. By using our service, you agree to these terms and conditions.
It is most important to remember that vehicle components can fail when standard just like the can when a vehicle has received a tuning file. Tuning will often show up any weak points in your vehicle as you are asking it to work harder that it has been used to. You must look after the engine with regular servicing with good quality oil and parts, good quality fuel and mechanical sympathy all help to keep your engine running well. If your car needs mechanical attention, get this work done before considering a tuning file.
DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent do not cover the liability for any mechanical or electrical parts including the following: Turbos, injectors, clutches, gearboxes, DPF, boost leaks (boost pipes) as these have a serviceable lifetime and the tune places higher demands on these parts, which may cause issues if they are not in good health. If Economy, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 tunes are beyond the recommended tolerances of your engine then DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent will not accept any liability for the tuned files. We work alongside external “file writers” and the liability for any mistake in the modified files and we work closely with them to rectify any tuning files issues immediately.
The client must:
Accept all power/torque gains from your ECU tune are approximate, as are the actual figures of your engines quoted power and torque figures from your vehicle manufacturer.
Accept the fuel efficiency of your vehicle after a modified tune will depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to; outside temperature, driving style, tyre pressures and regular and correct service maintenance of you vehicle.
Accept DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent are not liable for costs associated to fix either determined or pending faults found relating to your vehicle during its diagnostic health check before or after you have your vehicle tuned.
Accept it is your responsibility to inform your insurance company of your car’s ECU tune.
By installing this product and/or service, you understand that as a high-performance product and/or service, individual results may vary depending on make, model and usage. DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent shall in no way be held responsible nor liable for and of the results, claimed or otherwise that may or may not come from this product and/or service.
We always offer to take our clients in their vehicle for a test drive following our services – allowing clients to assess the additional performance gained from the modified tuning file.
• As part of the test drive we aim to ensure that your vehicle has responded well to the modified tuning file and to ensure that the new settings have not caused any faults with your vehicle.
• If you do not report any faults with your vehicle after the service has been completed, we ask you to contact us straight away. We will give you any advise possible to help you resolve the problem and we may ask you to bring the vehicle back to us for diagnostics or to rework the modified files if we feel this needs doing.
• We may ask to have your vehicle diagnosed by a third-party to independently verify any issues and if this is the case, these additional fees will not be covered by ourselves.
• If your vehicle is diagnosed as faulty we can reinstate your vehicles original tuning file for you. No refunds will be given on this. We can then reinstall the modified tuning files once the vehicle is fixed, however we may charge for this depending on how much time is required to reinstall the modified file. In most cases we are happy to provide this service at no extra charge.
We will only give refunds subject to the following conditions being met:
It is DC Tuning, and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent aim to give 100% customer satisfaction, however we appreciate that there are times when for whatever reason this is not always possible.
• If you are not happy and your vehicle is returned to us within 7 days from the date of the modified tuning file being installed, we will remove the tuned files from your vehicle and replace it with the vehicles original stock file and refund you 100%. This does not apply to vehicles that have has the ECU removed afterwards, not by DC Tuning and/or any Authorised DC Tuning Agent for tuning or any other modifications.
• If you return your vehicle to us after the 7-day period up to 30 days, there will be a charge to return the vehicles original stock file, that being 50% of the cost of the original work. No refunds will be given after the 30-day period.
• If you return the vehicle to us because it has developed a fault after the modified tuning file process and the fault is not directly related to the actual work we have carried out, you will not be entitled to a refund.